Thursday, November 8, 2007

New Digital Paintings

o.k.-- So I was really bored over the weekend, and made some illustrations on photoshop, all digitally painted. They are mostly studies on color, scenery and movement.

I seen stills from the new "Where the Wild Things Are" film, and it got me thinking of painting realistic hair patterns.

Same character, but a little more is going on in this one.



I know, it's a little gory, but this one was fun...



I have painted many scenery paintings before, but they were mostly for lighting and color concepts. With this one I wanted to make it as realistic as I could.

This one was a simple fire and water study.


This was a color study. I mainly used the linear and dodge brushes to bring out vibrant colors. I went over with the smudge tool to create the fire effect.



No comments: